Top 5 Insurance Tips When Utilising Sub-Contractors – in 60 Seconds
1. Always request a certificate of currency prior to commencement.
2. Review the business activities detailed on the certificate of currency. If the business activities are noted as Human Resources Consultant and IT Consulting is being undertaken, the policy will not respond as only the insured business activities are covered.
3. No Insurance no start. The ramifications for your business is not worth it.
4. Check the Insured entity on the policy. Policies only cover the Insured detailed on the policy. If operating under a different entity/name then what is detailed on the policy, there is no cover.
5. Check the Limit of Liability. Is it adequate?